, Sodium stearate , is an organic substance. Its formula chemical is C17H35COONa. It is an oily white powder that has a greasy odor and feels slippery.
Sodium Stearate Properties:
Sodium stearate has the chemical formula C17H35COONa. White oily powder, Sodium Stearate has a greasy odor and slippery texture. It is easily soluble with hot water or alcohol and can absorb water in the atmosphere.
Sodium stearate dissolves in warm water or alcohol but not in cold water. The alcohol solution is neutral, while the aqueous solution has an alkaline pH due to hydrolysis. The sodium stearate that is produced by the reaction of octadecanoic acids and sodium hydroxide.
Sodium Stearate is not soluble in ether (light gasoline), acetone or other organic solvents. Sodium stearate also is not soluble in electrolytes, such as salt or sodium hydroxide.
Sodium Stearate Application:
The toothpaste industry uses sodium stearate as an anti-caking agent, plastic stabilizer, and waterproofing agent.
1. The sodium stearate used in toothpaste is a plastic stabilizer. It’s also used to make soap detergents.
2. It is used primarily to make soaps and detergents. It can be used in many ways, including as a bar soap excipient, as a cosmetic emulsifier, or as emulsifiers for O/W and other products.
3. Detergent Sodium stearate helps control foam when rinsing. (Sodium Stearate is a main component of soap).
4. Emulsifier or Dispersant: Sodium Stearate is used in polymer emulsification, antioxidants and dispersants.
5. Corrosion Inhibitor: Sodium Stearate is added to polyethylene packaging films in order to enhance their protective qualities.
6. Cosmetics: Sodium stearate is used as shaving gel, transparent viscose, etc.
7. Adhesive Sodium Stearate is used to paste paper together with a natural adhesive.
Tech Co., Ltd. is a leading sodium Stearate Powder manufacturer with more than 12 years’ experience in the chemical product research and development. We accept payment by Credit Card, T/T (wire transfer), West Union or Paypal. The goods will be shipped to overseas customers via FedEx or DHL.